24 August 2011

Teething!!!

The good news is that Alexander hasn't been waking up at nights anymore, which makes me think that it was just a phase. But now Isabel is constantly getting up at night due to teething! I was up with her on Monday night until around 3:00 a.m.! Having only 4 hours of sleep is not conducive to my alertness. And last night she got up 4 times. I hope her teeth come in soon.


As you may (or may not) know, Jeffery was gone all last week. He went down to Connecticut for work - a convention and training. He enjoyed himself, but I am so very glad that he is home. He took the camera with him, so I don't have a whole lot of pictures for this week.

On Thursday, I took the kids over to Heather's place. My cousin Rachel came as well with her three boys. Heather was minding a friend's child, so there were eight kids there aging from 8 months to 4 years old! GAH! It was so much fun, though. Everyone played nicely, for the most part, and there weren't any catastrophic breakdowns or anything. Alexander certainly didn't want to leave when it came time to go home. But I'm glad that he is becoming more at ease with interacting with other kids his age.

For lunch that day, we had peanut butter and jam sandwiches, yogurt, and peaches. And, boy, does Isabel love peaches! I was worried at first that she would choke, since she was chomping down some pretty large pieces, but she really enjoyed eating them! She was doing a really good job at chewing them really well. That's probably because she stares at us while we eat - sort of creepy, I know. But I can't wait for peach season. We will definitely be canning some (and eating lots!).


We didn't really do a whole lot more for the rest of the week. I was actually rather bored at times. Not when the kids were awake, mind you. I don't know if any of you feel this way sometimes, but every once in a while I think to myself, "If I were still single, I would be able to relax and do nothing - man, I wish I was still single!" Thoughts like that come rarely, and only last about 30 seconds.

But with Jeff gone, and when the kids were down for the night, and I had done all the neatening of the house and made a few crafty things, I was crocheting in the living room, and I was thinking to myself, "Man, I'm so glad that I'm not single. How boring would my life be?" I know that if I were single, I would have a bit of a social life, and perhaps be not so bored. But that was my thought at that moment. Wow, I can't believe I just wrote two whole paragraphs on this subject! lol


Jeff came home on Sunday at around 5:30 p.m. He was due to come home at 10:00 p.m., so it was a completely pleasant surprise for us. Alexander and Isabel both were happy to see dada. so was I.

On Tuesday, we had a visit from my aunt Cathy and cousin Cara. They brought over some clothes for Isabel, and we sat and chatted and watched the kids amuse themselves for the morning. I don't get to see them very often, so it was nice to be able to catch up. They also helped me stay awake that morning too. Having only 4 hours of sleep, I needed help staying awake. And I don't drink coffee (unless my dad makes it), so that's that.

Anne also popped over on Tuesday afternoon. She had a few minutes after work before she had to head home. It was very nice to see her. She is my favourite older sister, you know. :)


We also experienced an earthquake yesterday! (it was an eventful day!) It was the 5.9 earthquake that was centered in Richmond, VA, and was felt at the White House and in New York. That's one big earthquake! I was sitting at the dining room table, and I could feel the whole house rocking. I knew that it was either an earthquake, or the house was about to fall over. I'm glad it was an earthquake. I wouldn't want our house to fall over when we have my uncle's dining room table and chairs. They are too beautiful to get wrecked!

Jeffery was playing golf on Tuesday with his co-workers. It was a thank-you from the owner for the great month that June was - it was a record-breaking month; the most sales in one month in the history of the company. I think it's really great for Omni to have reached that milestone; I know they had been working on it for a long time. I just can't help but wish that it was a record-breaking month for us too. It was not, though, and that's okay. God is providing for us, and I'm content with that.

Anyhoo. That's all. Cheerio!

Trees Hide

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!