17 February 2012

Family Friday


Well, I've been bad again and have not taken very many pictures. Boo-hiss to me.


Alexander has not been going down for a nap the past week or so because whenever I put him in bed, he just gets out again and throws toys into sleeping Isabel's crib and wakes her up, which leaves a grumpy Isabel and a grumpy me. So Jeff and I have been wanting to put dividers in the middle of the kids' bedroom (since it's really two rooms made into a large one). And I had been racking my brain to think of ways to be able to separate their rooms with a $0 budget.

So I took the advice of my mom (thanks, mom!) and I moved their dressers into the middle of the room, which blocks Alexander from going to Isabel's side of the room. YAY! It doesn't look that great, but I don't really care; it will do for now.


Isabel has been staying up WAY too late the past few nights. She goes to sleep at 7:00 p.m. like normal, but around 10:00 p.m. or so, she wakes up and is awake until around 2:00 a.m. And if I'm not with her, she is SCREAMING. So I'm up with her.

February 4 was the worst, when she decided she wanted to be awake until 4:30 a.m. Needless to say, we did not go to church the next day. Wednesday night she stayed awake until 2:00 a.m. And last night, she stayed up until 12:00 a.m. So at least it's going down. Hopefully, tonight Isabel will not wake up at all!

Early Words (speech therapy) called this morning, and they want to bring Alexander in for a reassessment, since the waiting list is much longer than they had anticipated, so they are just going to do a quick review to see if he needs to be brought up the list or not. He probably will need to be, although he is growing in leaps and bounds in his words; thanks to Jeff - he has really been helping Alexander learn more words; and Alexander responds really well to Jeff, so that's great! But he still has a LONG way to go.

That's all for now, folks!

Trees Hide

1 comment:

  1. Oh boo for kiddos not sleeping :/ Lord, knows they need their sleep as well as we do ;) Our battle is that L is a Night Owl like Mommy and therefore L and I hash it out trying to get her to sleep early and in her bed. Blah.

    Anyways, it sounds like your son is excelling :) Praying that he gets to where he needs to be.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!