16 August 2012

Yo! Here they are...

Here they are, this month's fab sponsors!


This month's question I put to my sponsors was:
What kind of vacation do you prefer: hotel or tent?


Bonjour! My name is Marmen and I am the one woman army behing French Attic Finds. I love french vintage in all its forms, but i have a special place in my heart for 50's and 70's functional design pieces. My goal is to provide an eclectic selection of quality french goods at affordable prices for the discerning collector. Bienvenue to my vintage world!


Marmen loves: 
{..source..}


What kind of vacation do you prefer: hotel or tent?
Tent, definitely. We just purchased a huge tee-pee style tent for our upcoming camping trip. It is allowing me to reconnect with my native Canadian ancestry :)

~~~~~

Etsy Shop | Facebook | Website | Pinterest

I believe in simple, clean lined, organic furniture.  I use primarily locally salvaged lumber, meaning, it was cut, dried and milled in the Pacific Northwest.  Usually within 50 miles of where I live and work.  I believe you can create functional and beautiful furniture while making a small imprint on our planet.  We all have choices, so let's try and make better ones.

Bruce fancies:
{..source..}


What kind of vacation do you prefer: hotel or tent?
I've done plenty of both in my life.  But if I had to choose at this point in my life, I'd say hotel.  One of my all time favorites would have to be the Finca Rosa Blanca in Costa Rica. It's built on a coffee plantation where they grow and sell their own organic coffee. Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing views. It is stunning.

And don't forget: The Design Pallet is offering a discount to Trees.Hides. readers!
TREESHIDES15 for 15% off all orders.

~~~~~

I am a mixed media artist through and through - often conceptual. These last couple of years have seen me creating what I term as vignettes – small assemblages that tell a brief story or relate a sentiment. The materials most utilized in addition to a base of wood, art plaster, and found objects, are antique doll remnants that have been dug out of the earth surrounding the old doll factories of Limbach, Thuringia, Germany. Most pieces I use are between circa 1860 and 1935, broken and I like them that way. I guess at the very core, it relates to me strength; perseverance in the face of atrophy; the sublime of the imperfect and discarded. We are perfect in our imperfections; we are worthy in our flaws and free to become and be something beautiful.

Merry adores:
{..source..}

What kind of vacation do you prefer: hotel or tent?
A vacation could be either a tent or a hotel - depends where I am going and why I have gone. I am comfortable with, and welcome both :)

~~~~~

I am a stay at home mom of 7 (yes 7) Six boys and one girl. They keep me very busy:)
With summer ending I am looking forward to starting my mittens for my up coming fall sales. My stack of wool sweaters is quite huge and I can’t wait to start cutting. I have been working with recycled sweaters and selling mittens locally for five years and have had my Etsy shop for almost two. Scarves, pillows, and hair accessories entered my shop because of my inability to throw anything away. I love the fact that I can take old sweaters and give them a new life. Sometimes the ugliest sweaters of all make the most beautiful mittens.

Teresa loves:
{..source..}

What kind of vacation do you prefer: hotel or tent?
Tent. Hands down. I am hoping to get away for a weekend in a tent for our 16th wedding anniversary this summer.

~~~~~

There you have 'em! Visit them all; you'll definitely be glad you did!
Trees Hide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!