22 February 2013


Working in my industry (accounting) can be really stressful, especially this time of the year. I am processing T4s for our clients (a W-2, for my American readers), and this is the first year I'm doing it; and honestly, I'm not sure why I'm even doing it. At the end of every day, I feel like my brain is going to implode, and some of the time, I just want to lay down and cry. But I can't completely complain. The end of February will end soon, and then comes the two months of the T1s (the individual tax returns). I'm assuming my brain will be able to take a rest at that point, since I'm assembling them, not processing them - I am an Administrative Assistant, after all.

Anyway, after all of that, I need to just relax and rest my brain. And these are the kinds of images I have been collecting recently. And I noticed that many of these images (well, okay, all of them) are really rustic. I think I found my "style".


1. Bathtub Caddy - This is lovely, but I can't honestly see myself using them, because I can't sit still long enough to just lay in the tub. Unless maybe I had some tea and a good book. Then the caddy would be necessary.

2. Mint heart magnets - I just love the colour, and the pattern on the hearts. so darling!

3. Rustic Serving Tray - I would love to receive breakfast in bed on this tray. Okay, maybe when we have no kids in the house, or at least once they are old enough to want to sleep in...

4. "Platform by the sea" original painting - I love everything about this painting: the wood floors, the gorgeous colours of the waves... beautiful!

5. Carlson Skirt - This entire picture just oozes "calm" to me. Just sitting back, with your legs over the arm of the chair; possibly napping or just relaxing while contemplating the deeper things in life...

6. Antique Wood Boat - I can totally imagine Jeff and I slowly floating down the river in this boat (if it were bigger), with Jeff paddling, and me with one hand in the water, tracing the ripples that the edges of the boat makes as we drift down the lazy river... mmm....

7. The Lather's Bed - It looks so comfy and rustic and cozy; I just want to sink into its covers and drown into sweet unconsciousness (sleep)...


Trees Hide

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the serving tray & bed! Nice picks.

    I hope work calms down for you soon and that you can get some rest and family time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! There's only one more week to go...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!